What is an Alert
ALERTS are another means of permission-based marketing created by Retailers to send to specific Customers or Groups. As the name suggests an Alert provides important information – such as notification of an upcoming sale, special or product launch, a new store, change of opening hours or even a product recall.
ALERTS can be sent to a Retailers’ own customers or to the entire Delloop Membership base.
ALERTS are created in a similar way to Offers.
Creating an Alert
Following are the steps to CREATE an ALERT:
- Click (top right) on ADD ALERT
- Give your ALERT a TITLE
- Select the VALID TILL date – to give the Alert an expiry date
- Select the TYPE of Alert from the drop-down menu
- Select either your own CUSTOMERS or DELLOOP members
- Select the AGE and GENDER CRITERIA of your choice
- If you want to send an ALERT to a PARTICULAR CUSTOMER, type the customer’s name into the box
- Write a short DESCRIPTION, which is the wording the customer will see when they receive the Alert
- Type in the URL of the page where the Customer would be taken if they clicked on the ALERT
- Click on IMAGE NOTIFICATION and select an image (you can choose one of the examples from the ALERT & OFFERS TEMPLATES page or create one of your own)
1. Click SUBMIT
Preview and Edit an ALERT
- You can view all the Alerts you have created in the main list.
- You can click on one of the ACTION check boxes on the right and edit details of that Alert
- You can view the actual layout of the Alert, as the customer will see it, by clicking on the ‘EYE’ icon
NOTE: As soon as an Alert has been create it becomes visible to the selected Customers